Saturday 25 April 2020

Imaginary Numbers / Seanan McGuire

Imaginary Numbers (InCryptid, #9)Imaginary Numbers by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Part of my 2020 Social Distancing Read-a-thon

Holy cliffhanger, Batman! I don't think we have to wonder if there will be a next volume in this series. In fact, if there isn't one forthcoming I will be mightily miffed.

I was looking forward to this, the latest installment of a favourite series by a favourite author, someone who almost always charms me with her stories. The interesting thing that McGuire has done with this series is to vary the main narrator from book to book. This time out, two formerly supporting characters get their moment in the sun. Or maybe in the storm, come to think of it. Sarah & Artie have been in the background of all the other novels.

If you have never read an InCryptid novel, this is probably not the one to start with. This one will make much better sense if you begin at the beginning, with Discount Armageddon. Get to know & love the Aeslin mice as I do and luxuriate in a fun fantasy world, full of weirdly wonderful creatures and the quirky Price family with their own mission and world outlook. It's fun, join me!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment