Tuesday 21 April 2020

Endymion / Dan Simmons

Endymion (Hyperion Cantos, #3)Endymion by Dan Simmons
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Part of my 2020 Social Distancing Read-a-thon

3.5 stars

An interesting exploration of the nature of heroism. Raul becomes a reluctant hero, often plunging into things (sometimes literally) because he has been told that is his role. Would he have done all these things without that subtle coercion? Maybe.

I'm still kind of surprised at how many books set in the far future still include influential religions from Earth, especially the Catholic Church. I have The Sparrowand The Reality Dysfunction in mind. I'm far more interested by the survival of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz in this future.

Book number 358 of my Science Fiction & Fantasy Reading Project

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment