Wednesday 22 April 2020

A Book of Spirits and Thieves / Morgan Rhodes

A Book of Spirits and Thieves (Spirits and Thieves, #1)A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Part of my 2020 Social Distancing Read-a-thon

I had to take a couple of tries at this book before I made it past the first chapter. I persisted because what else am I going to do during these days of flattening the curve? Also because this author is attending our annual conference, should that actually happen this year, weird as it is turning out to be.

Once I made it a few chapters in, I was able to get into the flow of things and I liked it enough that I do want to read the next volume. But for me, it was not the most riveting book. Although I am very much a fantasy fan, I found this one very predictable and rather pedestrian.

Still, this author has some ability and I look forward to trying her Falling Kingdoms series, which other readers seem to agree is better. Some young adult literature really transcends its classification and others belong there. This is one of the latter—I would have enjoyed it as a teen, but that was many decades ago!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment