Wednesday 22 April 2020

Bloodlist / P.N. Elrod

Bloodlist (Vampire Files, #1)Bloodlist by P.N. Elrod
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Part of my 2020 Social Distancing Read-a-thon

3.5 stars

An interesting mix of the hard-boiled detective genre and the vampire novel. Think Chelsea Quinn Yarbro and the Saint Germain Chronicles, that kind of vampire. Jack Fleming is basically a good guy and retains this MO even after his transformation.

Elrod has some interesting ideas for using the vampire mythos, plus she has set it in an interesting time period. Vampire vs. gangsters. Its difficult to avoid cliches when using either of these story lines, but Elrod doesn't go overboard.

I have the next 2 books available during this time of physical isolation, so I'll be seeing what other adventures Jack gets up to soon.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment