Thursday 1 July 2021

A Dark and Twisting Path / Julia Buckley

 

A Dark and Twisting Path (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery, #3)A Dark and Twisting Path by Julia Buckley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

***2021 Dog Days of Summer***

It's time for my summer theme and this year I have chosen to read books that include canine companions. This series includes two German Shepherds, Heathcliff and Rochester. Now that the heroine, Lena, has a definite love interest, the dogs don't get as much page time, but they are still a definite presence. In this book, they get to protect their home and bite a burglar, leaving a piece of blood stained denim for the police to find.

I continue to be surprised at how much I enjoy this cozy mystery series. I think the difference it presents is that the amateur sleuths don't keep their clues to themselves, they include the police at every step. I also love that the local research librarian is part of Lena's inner circle.

One thing is driving me crazy--there's one character that I find somewhat creepy and I keep expecting him to be involved in the crimes. Is Buckley just saving him for farther down the road or am I completely misreading the guy? Time will tell, as there are two novels remaining in the series and I plan to read them before the summer is done.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment