Tuesday 21 September 2021

When Sorrows Come / Seanan McGuire

 

When Sorrows Come (October Daye, #15)When Sorrows Come by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I can't believe that this is the fifteenth book in the October Daye series and that I'm still enjoying it so much. I love this Fae world that Seanan McGuire has created and I can't get enough of it.

This is the volume where Toby and Tybalt are supposed to tie the knot, but those of us who have read this far know that disaster follows our favourite Knight wherever she goes. So going into things, you are waiting for the other shoe to drop, for the crisis that will delay or cancel the nuptials. Toby has turned the wedding planning to her chosen family and the groom, so every step of the process is a reveal to October as well as the reader.

Sure enough, within hours of arriving at the High Court (in Toronto, Yay!), Toby realizes that there is an attempted coup underway, with the goal of assassinating Quentin's father. Quentin, her squire, himself is under a spell of the Sea Witch which disguises him as a Banshee, shielding him from the worst of the plotting.

Can Toby manage to make it to the altar? Will her wedding dress be drenched in blood? In other words, will she be her usual self? If you have read the previous volumes, you may be skeptical of the outcome—grab a copy and enjoy it!

How much longer can McGuire keep churning out these adventures? My fingers are crossed for many more. I hope she isn't bored with her creations. I need to know what's going on with Oberon, if Toby can salvage her relationship with her daughter Gillian, if Amandine is going to leave her daughter alone, and whether Sylvester will ever pull his head out of his butt.

Sometime soon, I must start a rereading cycle of these books. I'll need to buy copies of the last 2 or 3, but I know I want to own them eventually in any case. A project for 2022 perhaps?




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment