Thursday 9 September 2021

Fifth Grave Past the Light / Darynda Jones

 

Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)Fifth Grave Past the Light by Darynda Jones
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Halloween Bingo 2021

3.5 stars?

Once again, I am shirking my reading responsibilities and having silly fun with Charley Davidson. I may have to throw a library book or two back unread, but I had to follow my bliss in this case. It seems that each year I can find a way to read another Darynda Jones book for Bingo.

Jones keeps Charley's life pretty frantic. This outing, she ends up with the ghosts of 27 victims of a serial killer inhabiting her apartment—a definite impetus to discover the man responsible. Add to that a fire arms course for Cookie, an angry philanderer, a strong suspicion about an arsonist, a wary chief of police who would like to know how she solves so many crimes, and the fact that Reyes, the man who sets her panties on fire, is now the cook at her father's restaurant. Among other things. All done while cracking wise at every opportunity.

Truth be told, I like all the action very much and I like Charley's role as a grim reaper, but the amount of joking around sometimes gets on my nerves. But I keep coming back for another book, so it can't be too bad.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment