Saturday 3 August 2024

All Systems Red / Martha Wells

 

4.5 out of 5 stars

As much as I love Murderbot, you know I had to try out the graphic audio version. I've read this book so many times now that I should be able to recite parts of it! I certainly know when to expect what. Somehow this recording felt shorter than the one narrated by Kevin R Free, but I checked and they are the same length.

David Cui Cui did a good job of inhabiting Murderbot. I could tell Gurathin and Ratthi apart quite easily. Ratthi had a light Scots accent, while Gurathin had a much deeper voice. It was the women's voices that I struggled with. Eventually I got Mensah sorted out and sometimes Pin-Lee, but mostly because I know a lot of the dialogue by heart, not because the voices were clearly different.

Still, it was another enjoyable visit with Murderbot and I have requested Artificial Condition: Dramatized Adaptation. These are popular, so I'm going to be waiting a while, but that's fine by me. I'll be ready when the loan is.

No comments:

Post a Comment