Thursday 20 July 2023

Artificial Condition / Martha Wells

 

5 out of 5 stars

***100 Days of Summer Reading 2023***

Reading Prompt: Novella (under 200 pages)
Virtual 12 sided dice roll: 3

No matter how many times I read these books, I am still impressed by their cleverness. Of course a bot-human construct with no control over its existence is going to have anxiety and depression to deal with. The human brain tissue that enables it to be a good security tool also ensures that it knows about its societal position.

Kevin R. Free has definitely become the voice of Murderbot for me. I'm still not sure about the way he performs Art, but I'm sure that I'll get used to it. And I finally had a revelation about this volume's title: ARTificial Condition. The book in which we meet ART, the asshole research transport. I've always liked the titles, but never put 2 and 2 together.

These audiobooks are short and sweet. Perfect for a day when I'm experiencing concentration issues. Thank you, Martha Wells!

No comments:

Post a Comment