Friday 12 January 2024

Komarr / Lois McMaster Bujold

 

4 out of 5 stars

2024 Re-read

It's been 3 years since I read this book in paper and I found that I really remembered only the final 20% or so. I had completely forgotten what an utter asshole Tien Vorsoisson was and what Ekaterin Vorsoisson had to put up with. The details of the accident that drew Miles Vorkosigan and his fellow Imperial Auditor Professor Vorthys to Komarr had also faded from my mind along with the connection to the plot that dominates those final chapters. What had remained as an indelible imprint was Ekaterin's utter destruction of the doomsday device and Miles' delight in the mayhem.

This audiobook was a pleasant way to spend time during -30°C weather, when I had zero intention of leaving my house. Grover Gardener may not be the best narrator but he's decent. There were a few times during conversations that I was a bit confused about which party was speaking, but that didn't interfere too often with my enjoyment of the story.

I suspect that I will eventually acquire a paper copy of this title to add to my permanent collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment