Tuesday 30 January 2024

Joran / Susan Hayes

 

2.75 out of 5 stars

Book 4 of the 2024 Read Your Hoard Challenge

I'm not sure who was reading this book, causing me to impulsively add it to my TBR. I couldn't find it at my local library or through interlibrary loan, so I used it to bulk up a book order into free shipping territory. It is a silly, fun little confection. And I really do mean little—it is a novella or maybe a longer short story.

For whatever reason, I am really into romance right now. I've been rereading old favourites and this little bon-bon is helping me break out of that rut. The plot is extremely simple: the planet Pyr is desperately short of women and Prince Joran must sneak off to Earth to see who he can find. His father's people have set up an internet dating site to find mates for Pyr's young men. Maggie and her friends, Lisa and Gwen, end an evening of ice cream eating and wine drinking with filling out the questionnaire for said dating site (promising out of this world dating possibilities).

There is no dilly-dallying. Joran is certain enough for two, but Maggie must be convinced that a human barista can become a royal princess or that leaving her planet is a good idea. She was more easily converted than I would be!

Now I have to wonder if my very choosy used bookstore will take it off my hands or if I'll be donating it to a book sale. (A teeny part of me would love to read more in the series, but I question whether this slim volume was worth the cash I paid for it.)



No comments:

Post a Comment