Saturday 16 September 2023

Sparkling Cyanide / Agatha Christie

 

3.5 out of 5 stars

Halloween Bingo 2023

You know, I think I prefer Colonel Race to Hercule Poirot. He is confident but not liable to brag, which is one of Poirot's most annoying habits. And since he has no sidekick, he readily adopts a local fellow to be his assistant and sounding board.

I enjoyed the multiple points of view in this novel. Christie has used the much hated murder victim plotline before, but had she used this format before? I quickly realized that everyone at the table had good reasons to wish Rosemary ill, if not dead. Even her sister could resent Rosemary's money. But just like the leger de main that resulted in George's death, Christie does some fancy hand-waving to distract from her murderer. As she does so well.

Not as good as some, better than others. Christie really had a taste for spies, didn't she?

I have Vintage Horror, but used my Tell Tale Heart wild card to convert it to Vintage Mystery on my bingo card.

No comments:

Post a Comment