Tuesday 21 April 2020

The Violets of March / Sarah Jio

The Violets of MarchThe Violets of March by Sarah Jio
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Part of my 2020 Social Distancing Read-a-thon

This novel was basically an updated version of the Gothic romance/mystery novel. A young woman protagonist who has suffered a set back and goes to stay with a relative to get her life reorganized. She discovers that her family has big secrets, which involve the guy she has run into on the beach. What is going on and how is he involved? An old diary mysteriously appears in her dresser drawer, giving her clues to work from. Of course there are the inevitable stumbles in the couple's communication that could scuttle the whole relationship.

Its getting 3 stars from me because I approve of her use of library resources! 😁

Not a bad book, but not one which will stand out in my memory either. I'll take Victoria Holt or Mary Stewart's work over it any day.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment