Friday 24 April 2020

A Symphony of Echoes / Jodi Taylor

A Symphony of Echoes (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #2)A Symphony of Echoes by Jodi Taylor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Part of my 2020 Social Distancing Read-a-thon

Did anyone else notice that Max shoots a woman called Isabella Barclay (Isabella Bitchface Barclay to be exact) and that is a pseudonym of the author's? It amused me quite a bit. I really appreciate these books, as I understand the author's sense of humour, something that I sometimes struggle with. I do much better with audio versions of humour, it computes better for me in that form.

I loved the dodo hunt that occurs early in the book, although I have to wonder if those poor birds were as ugly & stupid as they get portrayed. If time travel ever becomes available to me, this is an issue that I would enjoy clearing up. Dodos seem to feature in quite a number of fantasy books, so I assume that others share my views.

I love St Mary's—where it's natural that things go horribly wrong but everything is saved at the last moment. I'll look forward to my next jump into the past with this gang of lovable historians.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment