Saturday 25 April 2020

The Saint-Germain Chronicles / Chelsea Quinn Yarbro

The Saint-Germain Chronicles (Saint-Germain, #6)The Saint-Germain Chronicles by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Part of my 2020 Social Distancing Read-a-thon

I was only a page or two into this short story collection when I realized that this was the book that introduced me to the Count Saint Germain, probably 30ish years ago. I certainly didn't remember every detail or even every story, but I knew a lot of what was coming. It's kind of funny, because I was really taken with this book back then and now I find it less engaging than the novels that preceded it. But I think it was one of my first forays into the vampire fantasy genre and I was entranced.

The stories that stood out in my memory dealt with an American journalist who had just been killed and was coming to terms with his new state, namely vampirism, and the story of a stupid vampire that Saint Germain & his sidekick Roger must deal with to keep official attention away from themselves.

So, perhaps not the best book in this series, but it got me hooked on this genre and some of it remained in my memory banks for all these years. I'm not sorry to have re-read it.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment