Friday 24 April 2020

Bloodcircle / P.N. Elrod

Bloodcircle (Vampire Files, #3)Bloodcircle by P.N. Elrod
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Part of my 2020 Social Distancing Read-a-thon

And with that, I am finished all of the books I had signed out of the library before it closed because of covid-19. At least it ended with a bang, not a whimper.

Ms Elrod, I do hope you keep on writing, as I have enjoyed everything of yours that I've read so far. Your sense of timing is terrific—you know when to end a chapter and how to end a book in a way to draw readers on to the next installment. When my library reopens, I'll be continuing with the adventures of Jack Fleming. I hope the poor guy doesn't get clobbered as often in the future. He gets beaten up as much as Philip Marlowe!

Elrod's vampires have interesting weaknesses and I'm intrigued by what she will think up next to torment poor Jack. I wonder if his new acquaintance Barrett will feature in the next volume? I hope so!

Now I'm off to check the stacks of books that have been languishing on my shelves to see what lòoks good.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment