Monday 5 June 2023

Borders of Infinity / Lois McMaster Bujold

 

3.5 out of 5 stars

I just listened to Winterfair Gifts and was reminded of Sgt. Taura, prompting me to revisit the story where Miles Vorkosigan meets Taura (who is an experimental being known as ‘Nine' when they encounter each other).

This book is actually three novellas strung together by the visit of Simon Illya, Imperial Security head, to Miles' hospital bed, requesting ‘clarification’ on some of the expenses on these three missions.

Grover Gardner is a good narrator. I always knew which character was speaking and I could discern the difference between Miles' interior monologue and his spoken words. Miles has a lively interior monologue! I'm glad to have filled in these gaps in my Vorkosigan knowledge.

Book number 485 of my Science Fiction and Fantasy Reading Project

No comments:

Post a Comment