Friday 13 November 2020

A Killing Frost / Seanan Mcguire

 

A Killing Frost (October Daye, #14)A Killing Frost by Seanan McGuire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow, book 14 in this series, and unlike some others (Anita Blake for example) I'm still really enjoying these adventures. Part of that is due to my passion for McGuire's depiction of the world of the Fae. She has created a world that I find fascinating--I'm always interested to expand what I know about the Byzantine rules that run the lives of the Purebloods. Toby is having to worry about some of these conventions now, as her blood balance has shifted further away from changeling, more towards the pure end of the spectrum. Also because she will (probably) be marrying Tybalt, the King of Cats.

And that's what this book is all about—observing the rules in order to have the wedding run smoothly. Toby must rescue her legal father, Simon Torquill. I think that Toby bleeds less during this installment, but May seems to stand in for her. Quentin has a few moments of peril, too.

I'm ever so glad that McGuire has more volumes of this series planned. I can't be sure how much longer she can continue to spin these tales, so I'll be waiting with anticipation when each one of them is published.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment