Saturday 6 June 2020

On the Prowl collection

On the Prowl (Alpha & Omega, #0.5)On the Prowl by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2020 Summer Clearance Special

I am almost embarrassed by how many books I have purchased during these days of self-quarantining. This was one of them. I've been enjoying Patricia Briggs' Alpha & Omega series for years now, but I had never read the very beginning story that is included in this collection. In fact, it annoyed me a fair bit that this origin story was not in the first novel. Now I know the bits that have been missing for some time and details in that first novel make more sense.

The stories by Eileen Wilks and Karen Chance appealed to me as well. I'm a big fan of urban fantasy and I'm always on the look-out for new possibilities. However, I'm fussy about it too, and I was glad to find that I'm willing to give these authors a try.

The fourth story by Sunny is less to my taste. My library has some of her writing, but certainly not complete runs of the series that she has written. I find I'm not motivated to search for the missing ones. I'll probably pass this author by.

Now I think that I'd like to reread the Charles & Anna books, with my new knowledge from their first novella in mind.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment