Monday 8 June 2020

Burn Bright / Patricia Briggs

Burn Bright (Alpha & Omega, #5)Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

2020 Re-read

I have reached the end of the line in my rereading of this series. The next volume is named and there is a cover, but we must wait until March 2021 to read it.

This volume is very much about Bran Cornick, despite the fact that he has disappeared and left all of the pack responsibilities to his son, Charles. As is predictable, the shit hits the fan, leaving Charles, who is much less crafty in his dealings with people, holding the bag. I have never been a big fan of the Marrock, having always found him manipulative and surprisingly lacking in sympathy for others. This novel does nothing to change my opinion of him. I still haven't figured out if this is deliberate on Briggs' part, does she mean for us to distrust the guy in charge? Maybe in the next book I will be able to get a better feel for that.

As I have been rereading these books, I've been taking another look at the cover art too. The mass market paperback edition of this title is gorgeous. Daniel Dos Santos has come a long way since Cry Wolf. This cover is gorgeous! I thoroughly approve of the direction that he has taken.

Wow, am I ever ready for Wild Sign!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment