Friday 26 April 2024

Stitches and Witches / Nancy Warren

 

2.7 out of 5 stars 

Free Range Reading

I borrowed the audiobook version of this title on impulse, having read this first book recently. This one was neither better nor worse than that first volume—it kept me engaged in the investigation and I wanted to know the outcome. I am somewhat surprised, though, at how little progress Lucy has made in her private life. There's an obvious set-up for a love triangle between her, Rafe the vampire, and Ian the detective. Rafe has shown a teeny bit more initiative, but Ian would seem to be Lucy's preference. I don't think I will ever know, however, as I don't believe that I'll be proceeding any further.

As cozy series go, this one isn't bad, but it's not exciting my desire to continue. The vampires seem awfully tame (I mean, knitting!) and I prefer the menacing variety. Ian seems decent, but the man has had two books now in which to make an impression and hasn't really bothered. At this glacial pace, it will take more books than I have patience for to get a romance underway. Besides, the star-crossed romance of Florence Watt, one of the elder ladies next door, doesn't bode well for other relationships.

Perhaps if I was a knitter I'd be more enthused.



No comments:

Post a Comment