Wednesday 11 May 2022

Hexed

 

2.5 out of 5 stars

I'm somewhat disappointed that I spent money on this anthology. When I calculated my average my star values for the four novellas, the result was 2.5 stars. The highest marks go to Ilona Andrews because…Ilona Andrews. I know their characters, they feel like old friends, and I always enjoy learning more about them or just getting to hang out with them in their world.


The fourth story by Jeanne C. Stein was the next most entertaining because vampires. I usually like a good vampire tale. The middle two stories were forgettable and I can't imagine wanting to reread them. I'll probably hang on to the volume for the sake of the Andrews' story. I should have had the patience to interlibrary loan it. Perhaps I'll be wiser next time?


No comments:

Post a Comment