Tuesday 20 February 2024

Grave Surprise / Charlaine Harris

 

4 out of 5 stars

This was an impulse read, because I enjoyed reacquainting myself with Charlaine Harris’ version of the South. I really like Harper Connelly as a main character with her ability to sense the dead and her pragmatic approach to life. Harris is also very good at thinking up complex problems for Harper to solve. An unexpected body in an old cemetery plot puts the cat among the pigeons. Then a third body gets deposited there, stirring the pot even further.

Harris also likes to have characters from other series make appearances in her fiction, so I was only mildly surprised when Manfred Bernardo and Xylda wandered into this one. There seem to be cross-links between all of her various series. (This also makes me want to go back and reread her Midnight, Texas series).

The next two books in this series are available as ebooks and it is going to take all of my rotten will power not to binge them immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment