Sunday 25 February 2024

An Ice Cold Grave / Charlaine Harris

 

4 out of 5 stars

Well, there is quite the twist in this book, as foreshadowed in Grave Surprise. Nothing to do with the mystery and everything to do with Harper. If you've read the series, you know what I'm talking about and if you haven't, I'm not going to spoil it for you.

This crime is a bit more gruesome than is usual in Harris' books. Plus Harper gets physically damaged to a greater extent. But the author keeps the tension well, right to the end. Once again Xylda and Manfred Bernardo are instrumental to the plot, reminding me that I want to get back to Midnight, Texas again soon. Plus, I've wondered how Harris names her characters. Her choices seem quirky to me, but I've not spent much time in the southern states so I'm not familiar with their naming customs.

There's only one book left in this series, which is kind of a shame. I really like Harper and Harris has given her such an unusual talent. At least I have one left to enjoy plus rereading the Midnight books. Maybe I'll even revisit the Lily Bard series. I find this author to be very binge-able.

No comments:

Post a Comment