Tuesday 12 December 2023

Crooked House / Agatha Christie

 

4 out of 5 stars

2023 Re-read

Unusually, I remembered whodunit but my memory had gaping holes regarding the why and how. I had forgotten just enough to make the re-reading process enjoyable. It has been 7 years since I first read it, so not surprising.

Christie seems to have had a fondness for nursery rhymes and basing books on them. She regarded this book as one of her best. As she notes in the introduction, however, readers may not concur with the author. I think I liked this book better the second time around, but it's not one of my favourite of her novels (my heart belongs to Miss Marple).

Though it's not a favourite, I'm bumping up my star rating from 3 stars to four, mainly because I agree with Christie that it's one of her better written mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment