Saturday 20 August 2022

Ruby Fever / Ilona Andrews

 

4 out of 5 stars

This morning found me driving to my local bookstore to snag a copy of Ruby Fever. I checked their website yesterday and sure enough, they had done a soft release and there were two copies available. I checked again early this morning and the inventory was reduced to one. Which is why I drove several kilometres and lurked outside the store until the door was unlocked.

I'm ever so glad I went to the effort. After doing my appointed tasks for the day, I settled in to read the conclusion of Catalina's story. So well plotted! The action was nonstop and the loose story threads were neatly woven into the ending. Arkan's forces keep on coming, Catalina must stretch herself yet again, and all the generations, in-laws, and out-laws must cooperate to survive.

Many of the relationships get sorted out too. Bern and Runa are headed for marriage, things seem to be going well for Penelope, and we just need to sort the two youngest Baylors. Arabella certainly has some options, which I hope the Andrews will write eventually. Leon needs to meet his match too. Surely the authors have something in mind—Leon needs balance.

Happy sigh! I have no doubt that I will read it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment