Tuesday 2 March 2021

Kisscut / Karin Slaughter

 

Kisscut (Grant County #2)Kisscut by Karin Slaughter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

First things first. If you have trouble with fiction that contains child abuse, set this book back on the shelf. You don't want to go here.

On a much less serious note, I love all the books where the most evil bitch is named Wanda. I'm not sure why my name is so popular among authors for criminal women, but I've encountered many of them.

Karin Slaughter is hard on her main characters and on this reader. The revelations and the action come fast and furious, propelling me along. The pauses, brief as they are, are then filled with relationship angst as Jeffrey and Sara try to sort out their future. Slaughter doesn't give much breathing room to reflect, which is probably strategic. The plot is so horrifying that I didn't want to linger over it, just get to the resolution.

This was another unplanned read, ordered on impulse, but providing a needed hit of adrenaline to my reading life.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment