Tuesday 16 February 2021

Mortal Danger / Eileen Wilks

 

Mortal Danger (World of the Lupi, #2)Mortal Danger by Eileen Wilks
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Any book with dragons can't be too bad. But this book certainly doesn't start there. Instead it begins with Lily's sister's wedding and the prerequisite ugly bridesmaids dresses. While a horrible dress may seem like a big deal to Lily at this point, she rapidly finds bigger issues to stew about.

This is primarily a relationship book. Lily and Rule literally go to hell, where they settle their major beefs. It's this trip into the land of demons which drags my rating down to 3 stars, as I find Dis/Hell to be awfully easy to survive and escape. The one demon we get to know is a silly, pathetic creature rather than a powerful enemy (it is easily distracted by the concept of multiple orgasms).

As usual, Lily is question woman. For someone with a supernatural power, she is very focused on trying to empirically explain all the extraordinary abilities in her friendship circle. Even Sam, the dragon, is amused by her never ending flow of questions.

I missed Lily's grandmother, who only features in the first few pages of this novel. Much as I love her, I can see where she could potentially steal Lily's thunder. Nevertheless, I do hope that the next book has more grandmotherly influence!

Fun, playful urban fantasy, perfect to help weather these rough pandemic waters.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment