Saturday 6 February 2021

Fiber Fueled / Will Bulsiewicz

 

Fiber Fueled: The Plant-Based Gut Health Program for Losing Weight, Restoring Your Health, and Optimizing Your MicrobiomeFiber Fueled: The Plant-Based Gut Health Program for Losing Weight, Restoring Your Health, and Optimizing Your Microbiome by Will Bulsiewicz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Recommended for those who, like me, have been searching for good information on the microbiome and how to “cultivate your own garden.” I chose this book because the author of How Not to Diet: The Groundbreaking Science of Healthy, Permanent Weight Loss gave it a thumbs up and the two men certainly share a worldview.

I aspire to increase my plant intake and both books are inspiring for that goal. I'm unsure that I will ever be vegan, but I have no doubt that more plant based meals will be an improvement. I found Bulsiewicz's recommendation to strive to include 35 plant species in the menu each week to be a bit overwhelming at first, but having thought about it a bit, I think it is achievable. There are a few recipes that I'll be trying. I am particularly intrigued by the Biome Broth and I'm going to experiment with miso and try kombucha.

I may not agree 100% with everything in the book, I think there's a lot of good stuff here to be “digested.”


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment