Thursday 11 August 2022

Rosemary and Rue / Seanan McGuire

 

4 out of 5 stars

2022 Re-Read

It's hot, I'm at low ebb, and I need a shot of reading fun. Having recently finished rereading the Jane Yellowrock series, I needed a new rereading project. I've acquired most of the October Daye series over the years but have never revisited it, so it's time to rectify that!

I have always loved these books for the Fae world that Seanan McGuire has created. This first novel sets up that world, introducing the reader to some of the rules of Fairie and some of the characters who have become regulars. I had forgotten how weak October was in the beginning, barely able to conceal her fae features from humans and experiencing distress at sunrise. But right from the very start, she is accidentally assembling her circle of supporters. I had completely forgotten her first meeting with Quentin and only vaguely remembered the initial interview with the Luidaeg.

Just the ticket as I wait for the newest installment, Be the Serpent, to be published.

No comments:

Post a Comment