Friday 11 November 2022

And Then There Were None / Agatha Christie

 

4 out of 5 stars

This is one of the few mysteries where I went into a second reading very certain that I remembered the ending and the murderer. As it turns out, I was both right and wrong. I knew the perpetrator, but had forgotten details of the crimes. That's okay by me, as it made for an enjoyable re-reading experience.

It made me laugh when several of the men were fixated on homicidal spinsters as the most probable solution. Trust me, guys, spinsters such as myself probably have better mental health than women who are married to the wrong men. Plus, unlike the two unpleasant spinsters in this novel, we usually have circles of friends who keep us well socialized and happy. Far from being dismayed that we are single, many of us are relieved, having observed the relationships of our friends and relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment