Monday 3 January 2022

What Abigail Did That Summer / Ben Aaronovitch

 

4 out of 5 stars

I adore Abigail. Love Peter too, but he wasn't around for this little tea party, was he? This is a decent sized novella and I'm glad that my library purchased it, as the price here in Canada is bloody exorbitant!

Ghost hunter, fox whisperer, troublemaker. This is not a young woman who is going to sit back and let the world run over her. I admire her intelligence and bravery, getting her friends and herself out of a dodgy situation. (Mind you, she got them into it as well).

If that wasn't enough, there's the talking foxes. Conducting surveillance no less and hoovering up cheese puffs, as any self respecting investigator would do, given the chance. I especially enjoyed Abigail's meeting with Control, the fox mastermind. Shades of John Le Carre, there. And the foxy story about how they lost the ability to speak (although they are unwilling to share how they regained it).

I do hope there will be more Abigail adventures (and judging from the ending, there will be).

No comments:

Post a Comment