Friday 8 October 2021

Fugitive Telemetry / Martha Wells

 

Fugitive Telemetry (The Murderbot Diaries, #6)Fugitive Telemetry by Martha Wells
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The best money I have spent in a long time! I cannot express how much I adore Murderbot. If we were to meet, I would make it very, very uncomfortable. There might even be hugging, as I have no contract with Murderbot to restrain my behaviour.

I love MB's interior monologue and the unrelenting paranoia/pessimism. From the very first pages, I was wanting to quote and share text. Martha Wells knows just how to snark in a delightful way. I was happy to see that the bad guys are still being identified as Targets, while the civilians are now indicated as Humans.

I'm also impressed by MB's eloquent descrption of itself while choosing a name as its Preservation station ID: ”Or I could use the name Rin. I liked it. I could use it, and the humans on the Station wouldn't have to think about what I was, a construct made of cloned human tissue, augments, anxiety, depression, and unfocused rage, a killing machine for whichever humans rented me, until I made a mistake and got my brain destroyed by my governor module.”

I can hardly wait for the next installment of the adventures of my favourite SecUnit. In the meantime, let the rereading begin! In actual fact, I finished this book, reopened it to the first page and immediately read it again. (I used the pandemic as an excuse to buy all the volumes from a local independent book store, ostensibly to support a local store, but really to feed my addiction.)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment