Thursday 27 May 2021

Exit Strategy / Martha Wells

 

Exit Strategy (The Murderbot Diaries, #4)Exit Strategy by Martha Wells
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Damn, I love Murderbot! It is insecure, confident, ambivalent, snarky, and occasionally cocky. In short, much more human than it would ever admit to. Especially that urge to seek some revenge! I also love all the parenthetical remarks in its narrative.

The way it sums up a situation is always accurate and amusing. “So the plan wasn't a clusterfuck, it was just circling the clusterfuck target zone, getting ready to come in for a landing.” I assume it has learned its colourful language from its beloved shows and serials. "I might be wrong. I knew interpreting the emotional subtext in the speech and appearance of real humans was completely different from interpreting it in shows and serials. (For one thing, the shows and serials were trying to communicate accurately with the viewer. As far as I could tell, real humans usually didn't know what the hell they were doing.)"

I was having an emotion, and I hate that. I'm having an emotion myself, and I'm delighted.

Thank you, Martha Wells. You can hug me if you want to. These books are too easily finished much too quickly.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment