Monday 5 October 2020

Tempting Danger / Eileen Wilks

Tempting Danger (World of the Lupi, #1)Tempting Danger by Eileen Wilks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŽƒ
I love Lily Yu! She is a fabulous urban fantasy heroine, being a homicide detective, a sensitive (which allows her to sense magic yet be immune to it), a gardener, a practitioner of judo, and owner of an awesome cat, Dirty Harry. The only woman in the book who is more kick-ass than Lily is her matriarchal Grandmother!

Lily is so professional, such a good detective, but she has ended up in a situation vis-ร -vis the lupus Rule Turner that can't be sorted out through questioning or analyzing, her preferred methods of processing life. Lupus is, of course, this author's terminology for a shifter or werewolf. It's an interesting fantasy world, also containing Fae (only by repute at this point), gnomes, witches, and the rare sorcerer. Of course the FBI has its own magic unit and Lily is forced to team up with them in order to solve this homicide.

Lily, I neglected to mention, is also Chinese American and has family ties that bind her tightly. How is she going to explain to them that she is bonded to a lupus, not a nice Chinese man? During this investigation she really doesn't need family drama too, but it seems unavoidable.

It's a great mix of the personal, the professional, and the supernatural. I'm quite disappointed that my library doesn't have the next book, but I don't think I have room for it in my reading schedule for this year anyway, so this absence saves me from myself. But I WILL track it down eventually and I look forward to that day with pleasure!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment