Wednesday 22 November 2023

House Rules / Chloe Neill

 

3.7 out of 5 stars

I needed something quick and fun to read, as I'm dancing on the edge of a reading slump (and have been all year, really). I had forgotten how much fun the Merit & Ethan series was, but I'm glad I chose this book from my e-book TBR this time out. And it did the trick, I'm re-energized and feel like I can tackle my paper library books again.

As usual, Merit and Ethan are facing major crises. Also as usual, our brand new vampire, Merit, has the skills, connections, and street smarts to stay ahead of disaster. I should be rolling my eyes, but instead I'm having fun. Some of my acceptance of Merit's exceptionalism is due to my general love of the vampire genre in general, but Neill writes interesting problems for the Cadogan vampires to solve. 

So, back to business after a pleasant interlude. Just in time, as it is supposed to snow today and I'll want to cozy up at home for a day or two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment