Monday 16 October 2023

Sweep in Peace / Ilona Andrews

 

4 out of 5 stars

I should have done any number of things yesterday: laundry, cooking, reading my book club novel for instance. But this long awaited audiobook came in for me at the library and I abandoned all responsibilities to listen to it. I really can't say that I regret it.

I wouldn't bother with a regular audiobook, but these graphic audio versions are full cast. They are like listening to a radio play production. It is interesting to realize that my mental pronunciations are sometimes incorrect. I gave entirely the wrong emphasis to the Khanum's title. I've also realized that I pronounce the word “shone" differently than the actors. I noticed this in the Murderbot recordings too. I don't know if I'm just off base or if Canadians and Americans say it differently. I say it “shawn" and the actors say “shown."

Funny details stick out like that. However it was highly enjoyable and now the wait for the third book begins. (Actually I've had it on hold at the library for a while, but whatever). No doubt I will drop everything when it becomes available too.


No comments:

Post a Comment