Friday 11 August 2023

Fugitive Telemetry / Martha Wells

 

5 out of 5 stars

“The humans on the Station wouldn’t have to think about what I was, a construct made of cloned human tissue, augments, anxiety, depression, and unfocused rage, a killing machine for whichever humans rented me, until I made a mistake and got my brain destroyed by my governor module.”

I will be so sorry when Martha Wells decides she's done writing Murderbot. I can hardly remember what life was like before All Systems Red. And I love a murder mystery, so accompanying our reluctant SecUnit as it investigates is a treat. Plus we get to watch as our favourite rogue provides compassionate care for refugees, fellow investigators, and its long time friends. So much for being misanthropic!

Kevin R. Free does a masterful job, as usual. I always knew the difference between Murderbot’s inside and outside voices, plus he was very consistent when voicing the supporting characters.

I now feel 100% less murdery. Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment