Friday 25 August 2023

Dragon in Exile / Sharon Lee and Steve Miller

 

4 out of 5 stars

Okay, I have read the book that I accidentally skipped and I am theoretically up to speed on the progress of the Tree-and-Dragon (not a pub, FYI). The planet of Surebleak amuses me. It reminds me of the episode of the original Star Trek where Kirk and Spock have to deal with gangsters and try to speak their lingo. It becomes obvious in this book that there is resistance to Korval's moves towards law and order (and education, safety, public services, etc.) But the Bosses in charge have seen the benefits of civilization and are unwilling to return to the previous system. Conflict ensues.

It was pleasing to see Kareen and Kamele branch out on their own, establishing their own home and instigating their research project. I also had fun watching Kamele become a confident shooter and enter a contest. So different from her Delgado experience!

So, from here on I will try to stick to the straight and narrow, being a bit more careful of series order. That will make comprehension easier at least.

Book number 505 of my Science Fiction and Fantasy Reading Project

No comments:

Post a Comment