Tuesday 7 March 2023

All the Little Liars / Charlaine Harris

 

3 out of 5 stars

Not my favourite installment of the Aurora Teagarden series, but it was a quick read. Aurora didn't feel quite like the woman I've come to know in the previous eight books. Perhaps that's because she's pregnant and has quietly married Robin Crusoe, her writer boyfriend and father of this baby. Those are big life changes on their own, but she also has her half-brother, Phillip, living with them and finishing high school.

Phillip turns out to be a pivotal part of this novel when he goes missing. Roe is constitutionally unable to just let the police do all the work and she is constantly asking questions and plotting possible scenarios. There are a lot of teenage complications, so plenty of possible distractions. Unlike Agatha Christie, none of them really prove to be completely unrelated to the crime. Harris weaves it all together.

I love the Sookie Stackhouse series and I enjoyed both the Lily Bard and Midnight, Texas series. I think there's only one volume of this one left, so I will eventually finish it, but I'm glad that will finish it off. I assume that Roe and Robin will welcome their baby in the final book and Harris will wind things up for the happy family.

No comments:

Post a Comment