Tuesday 1 November 2022

How to Murder a Marriage / Gabrielle St. George

 

4 out of 5 stars

This book lived up to its awesome cover, at least for me. Although I must confess that I would not want Gina Malone for a friend, she was an entertaining companion for the duration of this mystery. I assume that St. George is planning to write more adventures of Gina, since it is billed as book one of the Ex-Whisperer Files.

Gina is impulsive, loud, brash—all those things that women are not encouraged to be. Just what women should appreciate, instead of knuckling under to “properness" as her two Italian aunties would have her do. Yes, she made a stupid choice with her husband (now ex-husband), but members of my own family have been fooled by narcissistic, manipulative men. They can hide the crazy long enough to reel in their fish.

Giving relationship advice is probably not what Gina should be doing, but she does have a lot of painful experience and acquired wisdom to share. Solving other people's problems is an excellent way to distract yourself from your own crap and avoid doing anything about it. A classic procrastination ploy.

I'm glad to have enjoyed this book, as I recommended that my library purchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment