Sunday 17 October 2021

Joy in the Morning / P.G. Wodehouse

 

Joy in the Morning (Jeeves, #8)Joy in the Morning by P.G. Wodehouse
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wodehouse never fails to delight. He is my choice for the DWS October birthday selection and I am pleased. Bertie, being unable to stand up for himself effectively, is forever becoming engaged to strong minded young women, outraging senior relatives, and offending his former schoolmates. Happily, in this novel, Jeeves doesn't have to rescue him from every problem, although he does provide the background support and encourages the well-timed escape.

As usual, Wodehouse writes like a dream, beautiful sentences which describe hilarious situations with ridiculous vocabulary. At least that's my posish, and I'm sticking to it. I love that Bertie is never too proud to make a fool of himself or to flee a bad situation.

I must branch out, one of these days, and try some of Wodehouse's non-Jeeves literature. Perhaps next October.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment