Saturday 13 June 2020

The Entity Game / Lisa Shearin

The Entity Game (Aurora Donati)The Entity Game by Lisa Shearin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

2020 Summer Clearance Special

This is another of my quarantine purchases and I'm glad that I didn't resist the impulse buying! Mind you I know that I like Lisa Shearin's writing so it made sense that I'd like her new series. It seems that making up her own official agencies a la SPI (Supernatural Protection & Investigation) was no longer enough, she wanted to write a thriller with the FBI and CIA, the real thing. But being who she is, this thriller needs paranormal aspects and a romance element.

And you know, it works for me. I'm usually not a fan of the thriller genre, but apparently adding a paranormal aspect changes my whole view of things. I've recently had a similar conversion to cozy mysteries with supernatural aspects.

I'm not sure why a publishing house hasn't picked this up. Its better than a lot of traditionally published works. I certainly hope that Shearin is planning to write more adventures for Rory. I'll be keeping my eyes open for them.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment