Wednesday 15 January 2020

Making Space, Clutter Free / Tracy McCubbin

3 out of 5 stars
Discover the freedom of a beautiful home, personal purpose, and joyful inner confidence

Decluttering expert Tracy McCubbin offers revolutionary help to anyone who has repeatedly tried to break their clutter's mysterious hold. Her powerful answer lies in the 7 Emotional Clutter Blocks, unconscious obstacles that stood between thousands of her clients and financial freedom, healthy relationships, and positive outlooks.

Once a Clutter Block is revealed--and healed--true transformation of home and life is possible. Her empowering techniques and strategies help you:


Recognize and overcome your Clutter Block(s) to liberate your home.
Lighten and purge without the rigidity of the other methods.
Use your home to attain life goals like health, wealth and love.
It's time to break through your Clutter Blocks and discover the lasting happiness waiting for you on the other side!

A pretty average offering in the decluttering genre. I usually read a book like this early each year as inspirational literature to help me motivate myself to do the things that need to be done to keep my household under control. I didn’t find this one as motivational as I could have hoped.

Part of the problem for me was a lack of useful advice for my Emotional Clutter Block. I’m correctly diagnosed--I’m an Avoider. However, her hint for dealing with this block was pretty much “Just do it.” Give yourself a reward after. My feeling is “why not reward myself and skip the work part?” It’s a perennial problem for me and I’ll continue to struggle with my avoidance behaviour.

So people with the other Emotional Clutter Blocks may find the book more relevant than I do. Plus people who haven’t read many books in this genre. At least I got started on my worst problem: paper & filing. I’ve done a pile of shredding and I’ve planned my attack on the paper piles, so I guess I have got moving toward my goal. My best trick so far is to leave something out in an annoying location when I’m done for the day, to encourage me to return to the task the next day. (The shredder is still sitting out in my livingroom, asking me to finish the task).

Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment