Thursday 7 March 2019

Hidden Legacy Series / Ilona Andrews

 March 2019 Re-Read

When life is getting me down, I turn to Ilona Andrews. Particularly the Hidden Legacy series. There’s some strange alchemy in this series which just makes me feel better. The closeness of the Baylor family when I’m missing my family dreadfully. Nevada’s dedication to her company when my work situation is feeling less than ideal. The relationship between Nevada and Rogan when I haven’t seen my guy for longer than usual. Sometimes I’m stunned at how much I enjoy the extreme violence in the books, but that also seems to be a peaceful way for me to purge my own desire to punch people.

I love this fantasy world—the magic, the Houses, the dialog, Nevada’s internal commentary, the Baylor family, all of it. I’m so glad that the Andrews decided to continue on with a Catalina series, which I am awaiting impatiently.

So yes, I’m avoiding life right now and re-reading old favourites. I’m not sure when this tendency will end, but I’m enjoying my vacation from reality.




No comments:

Post a Comment