Tuesday 13 September 2016

Dark and Stormy Knights / edited by P.N. Elrod

4 out of 5 stars
A very enjoyable collection of 9 urban fantasy shorts. I have only read 3 of the authors before (Ilona Andrews, Jim Butcher, Rachel Caine), but I will certainly search out more work by the other authors in the volume.

Of the 9, there was only one which I found a bit confusing, perhaps because I haven’t read more of her work. With the Ilona Andrews and Jim Butcher offerings, I was familiar enough with their worlds to make these two short works quite enjoyable.  The authors playfully filling in the bits between their major stories.

If you are a fan of urban fantasy and looking to explore authors that you aren’t familiar with, these collections can be a great starting point.

I read this volume for the “Dark & Stormy Night” square of the Halloween Book Bingo 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment