Saturday 30 November 2013

Book review: The Shining Girls

Wow.  Just wow.

I'm amazed at the mixed reviews that this book has received.  I loved it.

A time traveling serial killer.  A girl who survived his attack.  She tries to put her life back together and to put an end to his murdering ways.

I felt deliciously drunk on time, as the chapters changed POV and year, but all clearly marked by the title heading.  During the last several chapters, my feet were making little running motions and I kept checking to see how many pages of tension were left.  That's rare.

What is also rare?  The killer doesn't come off as sexy or overly intelligent or all that slick.  In short, he is not glorified at all.  And the women/girls are truly shining ones--shining with intelligence, potential and determination.

I would recommend this novel highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment